GLOBAL YOUTH PEACE AMBASSADOR #GYPA 2019 will be held in the Republic of #Maldives from 28 Aug to 1st September 2019.
This is an intensive training program organised by Regional Alliance for Fostering Youth (RAFY) Maldives in collaboration with Ministry of Youth, Sports & Community Empowerment, Maldives National University, Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP; Australia, USA), One Young World (UK), Singapore Institute of Multidisciplinary Professions (SIMP), Ascendence Asia Singapore, International Youth Committee (IYC) & several national & international partners joined together to train young peace ambassadors globally complementing UN's SDG Goal 16.
This programme envisions to train 150 young people (18 - 35 years) representing over 25 different countries across the globe to be advocates of the global peace keeping mission.
The aim of the Global Youth Peace Ambassadors programme (GYPA) is to train and support young people to conduct peace building activities that bridge socio-ethnic, religious and community divides and contribute to living together with dignity. This will be achieved by dialogue conducted through a network of special trained young people who promote values that promote peace and tolerance of the other.
- To promote the presence and the role of young people as positive actors of change in peacebuilding processes.
- To strengthen the role of young people in identifying and speaking up against discrimination, hate speech and any activities that violate the human dignity and/or are sources of potential or actual conflict.
- To inculcate values of peace and tolerance in members of the youth
- To develop the competences of youth peace ambassadors in peace-building and the combatting of otherization through dialogue, as well as other specific competences according to the participants’ needs, related to their role as future ambassadors
- To provide networking and experience sharing opportunities between youth from across the globe in an informal educational setting. It is believed that this sort of networking will also contribute to the sustainability of the project.
At the end of the program, all the graduates will be recognised as Global Youth Peace Ambassadors and will be presented with Global Youth Peace Ambassador pin Medal (court mounted on a pin ready to wear) This is not to miss program as you will be recognised globally by many Institutions across the globe. Your pathway to become globally recognised Youth Peace Ambassador. Move fast, your slot may not be available!
HOW TO APPLY:
For participation please send your Resume, Your Profile, Passport copy and a photograph in our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
$350 (Covers program pack including pin Medal, Accomodation for 4 nights, local transport & major meals & Snorkelling activity). For locals MVR1500 (Excluding accomodation)
12 August, 2019
Potential applicants should fulfil the following criteria:
- Be aged between 18 and 30 (waivers will have to be requested in writing and approved)
- Be able to use English language independently in both written and oral communication.
- Be available and fully committed to take part in all stages of the programme.
- possess basic computer and internet literacy and be committed to further develop this competence.
- Be actively involved in projects for peace and social change with an impact in their community and be motivated to implement youth initiatives for peace building within the project’s framework.
- Be committed to promote peace and work towards conflict transformation through initiatives and projects involving young people.
- Preferably be involved in an organization or network, institution, formal and/or informal group ready to support them throughout the project duration.
- Be curious, open-minded and appreciate diversity.